Tailored for advertising, graphic design, comedy analogy, teaching and creative writing
5,000 familiar ingredients for brainstorming fresh and surprising creative ideas
- Brainstorm ideas for mind mapping techniques
- Reduce your time on research for more time on creative
- Designed by creative director Stuart Flynn – Sunshine Design Australia
- Develop & execute concepts efficiently
- A practical word association tool for creative ideas
- Match and combine nouns for unique solutions
- Use analogies to illustrate ideas
- Discover more obvious and obscure visual relationships
- Expand on your existing strategies and ‘first thoughts’
- Print the ebook version with individual pages as required for briefs and mind mapping sessions.
Brainstorming fresh ideas from known relationships
We communicate fresh ideas by building on what we already know by comparing something new to something recognised.
Extreme nouns are the recognisable associations needed to explain new ideas. The downloadable ebook contains common nouns lists and their opposites. And is indexed by Extreme emotions, advertising strategy and product types.
How to brainstorm ideas with the printable version
‘Extreme nouns’ is a downloadable and printable ebook and was initially designed for the advertising industry professions. Its original purpose was to save you time in brainstorming advertising ideas and in turn to help increase productivity for art directors and copywriters.
The nouns lists provide a quick reference for early brainstorming and expanding on your advertising ideas. This allows you more time to generate more ideas and expand on your creativity!
The pages are made of lists of nouns. They are indexed by extreme categories such as ‘Biggest Smallest’, ‘Longest Shortest, and other advertising propositions and product categories such as Food, Banking, Cleaning, etc.
The book was designed to help creative thinkers speed up the brainstorming process. The book was inspired by participating in an advertising course in Sydney Australia. As a frustrated student that was spending hours on brainstorming lists, I searched for a tangible resource on the internet. There was none.
These days, I’m a creative director at Sunshine Design – Australia and have sold thousands of copies of the 2012 version of this book. The next version is in development. In the meantime, you can download the older copy for free. My hope is that the site will be promoted and highly ranked in time for my next release.
I hope this site and my ebook allows more time for creative ideas and acts as a source of inspiration.
Stu Flynn – Author