Nouns lists for brainstorming ideas
Lists of nouns for brainstorming fresh and surprising creative ideas in Art Direction, Graphic Design and Copywriting
- Brainstorming more ideas for mind mapping techniques
- Less time on research – more time on creative ideas
- Designed by Stuart Flynn – Sunshine Design Australia
- Develop & execute your concepts more efficiently
- Practical nouns for word association and for creative idea development
- Mix, match nouns lists and combine pages for new creative solutions
- Use nouns to help with analogy and to illustrate ideas as per above
- Discover obvious and obscure visual relationships with nouns lists
- Expand on existing strategies and ‘first thoughts’
- Print individual lists of nouns for briefs and mind mapping sessions.
What is the printable version of Extreme nouns?
The downloadable version of ‘Extreme nouns’ is a printable ebook that will save you time in research and increase your productivity.
Extreme nouns is a quick reference book made from lists of nouns. It is designed to help with brainstorming and expanding on ideas. In turn, this allows you more time for creativity!
The pages from the book are lists of nouns and common product types. And most of these lists are indexed by extreme categories. ‘Biggest Smallest’, ‘Longest Shortest’.
This site allows people to explore some of the individual pages from the book for free and use this nouns list resource for creative inspiration.
Why build unique lists of common nouns?
Well, we communicate fresh ideas by building on what we know. So it followed that we demonstrate something new by comparing it to something recognised.
“To sell something familiar, make it surprising. To sell something surprising, make it familiar.”
Extreme nouns are the recognised visual word associations we need for new ideas. This reference act as a tangible brainstorming reference for the creative industry. It can also help with teaching, comedy, graphic design and speed up techniques such as mind mapping.
The downloadable book contains common nouns lists and their opposites, Indexed by Extreme emotions and advertising strategy, and lists of commonly used product types.